With more than 20 officially recognized languages in India, GLS leaders took a significant step forward this week in being able to serve these groups by launching the first 2 non-English speaking GLS sites. This year, close to 1,000 new leaders are expected to experience the GLS in their native language and plans are in place to expand this number exponentially. In addition to having world-class leadership training easily accessible to them in their own language, the highlight for many was being able to discuss in groups how they were going to apply what they learned to transform their organizations and communities.
The GLS vision for India is to grow to 49 cities over the next three years, reaching more than 15,000 Christian leaders. Thank you for your prayers for this grand vision!
Please pray for our friends as they hold their GLS events this week.
· Nigeria—Pray that the GLS would be used as a tool to encourage, strengthen, and unify the church.
· South Africa—Pray that the GLS would create a platform for unity and peace in the midst of diversity as they seek strategies to address the issues of their country.
· Northern Ireland—Pray that each leader that attends the GLS would be encouraged, inspired, and blessed.
· United Kingdom—Pray that leadership skills in every sector of society would be sharpened in effort to create a future God has imaged in this region.
· Australia—Pray that leaders would come out of the GLS with a sense of God’s blessing on their work and ministries as they seek to impact their communities.
· New Zealand—Pray that leaders would leave encouraged and energized to continue lead the change they wish to see in their communities.
· Cameroon—Pray for unity in the church as they reach their country for Christ and seek to address issues of poverty and corruption.
· Kenya—Pray for each leader attending from different backgrounds, that they would be able to take what they have learned and see God move mightily in their country.
· Namibia—Pray that leaders would be blessed with fresh ideas and perspectives on how to share the true Gospel in their communities while continuing to address the needs of the people.